6 Interesting Things You Probably Missed in the #BBNaija House This Week
It’s the second week in the Big Brother Naija House and the housemates have experienced a roller coaster of emotions, from nomination wahala, to the face-me-I-face-you troubles, Tacha’s boasting and the 2-woman eviction that shook Africa last weekend!
In case you missed all the drama between the Pepper Dem housemates, we’ve got you covered! Buckle up as we take you on a journey of the 6 most interesting things that happened in the house this week:
- The Surprise Eviction: When Biggie announced the eviction last Sunday, everyone was thrown into a frenzy. Fans wondered if Biggie planned to pull a fake eviction or if Omashola and Ike would be disqualified from the competition. Eventually, Khafi and Gedoni were saved after coming tops in a marble challenge while Isilomo and Avala’s Big Brother Naija journey ended abruptly as they emerged bottom two in the challenge. We can’t forget the image of Avala hunched on the ground while she waited for the announcement.
- The Dreaded Nomination: The new week started off with Biggie calling the housemates into the Diary room to each nominate two housemates they want put up for possible eviction. This was their first since they entered the house. Peep their nominations below:
- Seyi – Ella and Tuoyo
- Mercy – Ella and Frodd
- Frodd – Tacha and Ella
- Thelma – Frodd and Tacha
- Omashola – Sir Dee and Tacha
- Tacha – Frodd and Sir Dee
- Nelson – Ella and Gedoni
- Khafi – Frodd and Kimoprah
- Tuoyo – Ella and Seyi
- Ella – Kimoprah and Tacha
- Mike – Ella and Tacha
- Esther – Ike and Tacha
- Ike – Jeff and Diane
- KimOprah – Tacha and Jackye
- Sir Dee – Ella and Ike
- Jackye – Jeff and Sir Dee
- Gedoni – Tuoyo and Mercy
- Diane – Kimoprah and Tacha
- Jeff – Frodd and Esther
Ella, Tacha, Sir Dee, Frodd and Kimoprah had the highest number of nomination nods. Meanwhile, Frodd who had earlier won the veto power for the week was asked to save and replace someone. After he saved himself, Frodd shockingly, swapped Mercy in his stead!
- Head of House Challenge: Jeff’s regime as head of house came to an end on Monday leaving the ‘Head of House’ position up for grabs. For the HoH challenge, the nineteen housemates were asked to pick out pebbles from a bowl of water followed by a second task of stacking up cookies. The housemates who had the highest number of cookies in stack would be declared winner.
After the housemates had been whittled down to four, Nelson broke the nail-biting tie and was crowned the second ‘Head of House’ for the Pepper Dem season! He got two hundred and fifty Bet9ja coins and a special package in his room.
- Lurv in the Air: Apparently, Biggie can make wishes come true! After Khafi shared her attraction to Gedoni, guess which couple has been steaming up our screens with heated kisses?! Yup, Khadoni! The duo has been serving us couple goals and we are here for it.
And then the ‘aaawwwnn’ factor in the house went up a few notches when Tuoyo asked Biggie for flowers. Why the flowers, Biggie asked? Get ready to clutch your chest – he had developed strong feelings for a female housemate and wanted to gift her! Turns out that his ‘love interest’ is Diane.
- Birthday Week: In the middle of all that nomination tension activities in the house, Biggie decided to celebrate Thelma and Mike’s birthdays. They both got two surprise cakes from Biggie and Bet9ja to celebrate.
- Tacha’s Army: Tacha’s army must take her to Aso Rock o. with the way she has been throwing her army around at every turn. Who else was shocked that she got nominated? So, let’s see how strong that army is?
- Wager Gone Bad: With all the ‘I-betta-pass-my-neighbour’ that has been happening in the house, Omashola and Seyi tried to unite the housemates before the wager (everyone thinks they are the boss in the house). The peace-keeping efforts didn’t work, they lost woefully, and Biggie had a few things he wasn’t happy about too.
What were their sins? Vernacular has been reigning despite the rules; diary session gist has become corridor gossip; housemates don’t understand the meaning of freeze and have been chatting through it all. *Sigh* When Biggie vex who is going to help the housemates to beg?
The drama is only just beginning. Who will be booted out? Whose love boat will be rocked? Who will give us the Alex-dance-session that we all deserve? Who will give us the first earth-shattering controversy? Who will take the ultimate ‘pepper dem crown’?