Incase you have been living under a rock somewhere, the biggest reality TV show in Africa hit our screens on Sunday the 19th for a fifth season and things are looking so interesting.
In preparation for the Task on Thursday, Housemates paired up and shared their stories. This exercise was good for them but even better for us because we finally got a clearer understanding of what moulded them in their past, and what they desire for their future. Here is what we learned:
- When it comes to being opposites, they don’t come anymore different than Erica and Kiddwaya. Erica left home at 19 years of age and never looked back, while Kiddwaya feels taking your time to establish yourself is fine too.
- When it comes to relationships, Vee and Prince
are definitely on two different paths. Prince had a love affair that lasted 2 years, while Vee hasn’t given her heart to anyone for longer than six months.
- While chewing the fat, Eric learned that Laycon is a musician who, during the premiere of season five, used his own song as the soundtrack for his light filled entrance. He also has a deep love for Nina Simone. Laycon learned that if money was no object, Eric would buy a basketball team.
- Even though the Housemates were sharing truths, Kaisha found it hard to believe that Trikytee is 35 years-old. Kaisha asked him repeatedly, and each time she believed him less. His youthful looks certainly had her fooled.
- Nengi also let us into some of the struggles she has faced, after losing both of her parents. She wished that she had the superpower of time travel so that she could see her parents just one last time. Wathoni in return told Nengi that the reason she decided to enter Biggie’s House, was so that she could let the world know she exists. “The world needs to know that this girl exists,” shared Wathoni.
- While chatting to Lucy, Brighto let it be known that he is multilingual and is able to speak Ibo, Hausa, and Yoruba.
- Kaisha let it slip that she’s not as confident as she looks after struggling to take a compliment from Prince.
- While touching base with Vee, Praise said that he is engaged and has a child with his partner of four years. His fiance permitted him to “be bad when you have to to be bad”, and that revelation brought a smile to Vee’s face.
- While chatting to chatting to Lucy, Ozo mentioned the importance of keeping a positive mind. This relaisation came to him after he lost his dream job as a Sports Administrator at the UEFA had to move back to Nigeria.
- Lucy gave us our first on screen tears as she shared the difficulties that she has experienced in her life thus far.
She joins BBNaija Alumni Frodd, Alex, Khafi, Teddy A, etc to shed on screen tears.
Housemates shared quite a lot about themselves, so much so that we cannot possibly detail everything here. It is enough to say that this session gave us a lot of insight about them, that it bust our brains! Here’s a recap of what happened in this video.
Watch Big Brother Naija on DStv channel 198 and GOtv channel 29, brought to you by headline sponsor Betway, and gold sponsor Guinness. You don’t wanna miss out on any of the action so sign up on DStv or get GOtv Max or Jolli. You can also download the MyGOtv and MyDStv apps for more self-service options. Stay plugged into all things #BBNaija on the website and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter